A slight levy increase is anticipated for the Sibley East School District in 2011.
The Board of Education, Monday, approved the proposed levy of $1,304,240.50. This is an increase of $4,179.62 or .32% increase from the 2010 levy of $1,300,060.93.
Sibley East’s preliminary levy had to be approved by September 30.
The Board of Education will approve the final levy in December.
In other business, the Board of Education:
• Hired Carl Bratsch, Lori Martens, Brian Mumford, Kyla Widmer, and Bonnie Weber as paraprofessionals and Tammy Rechtzigel as the basketball cheer advisor.
• Approved volunteer coaches Carl Bratsch, Tim Vos and Tom Webster for football, and Richard Milinkovich for boys basketball
• Approved a leave of absence request for Melissa Podratz from January 24 – April 1, 2010.
• Approved lane changes for Lynn Brown – MA + 20, Daniel Meier – MA + 30, and Stephanie Spong – BA + 20.
• Accepted a $2,500 grant from AgStar Fund for Rural America for agriculture classroom equipment
• Accepted donations from Arlington VFW Post 6031 for $30 to the band, and Arlington Lions for $250 to the high school counseling office
• Authorized out-of-state travel to allow eight to 10 students attend the national FFA Convention Oct. 18-24 in Indianapolis, Indiana.